Do you want a career in a creative and casual work environment?
FASTSIGNS Southwest Dallas is looking for a Graphic Designer that will have a dual role working in both graphic design and production. You will create full color graphics that will be used in the production of signs. This involves various levels of creativity, including original design work and the refinement of graphic files provided by the customer. In production, you will learn how to assist with the production of signs by working with vinyl, mounting prints, and laminating graphics. On occasion, you may also assist with the installation of signs and graphics in both indoor and outdoor environments.
This is a full time position with a regular schedule and weekends off! Hours are Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6 PM with opportunities for voluntary overtime. Includes paid training, paid time off, paid holidays, and performance bonuses.
- Read and interpret Work Orders; layout and design signs according to written instructions.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and arrange layout based upon available space, aesthetic design, and production requirements.
- Coordinate with co-workers and customers to expedite the proofing, revision, and artwork approval process.
- Adhere to guidelines for preparing print-ready files and sending jobs to printers.
- Operate plotter to produce cut vinyl designs and assist with loading/unloading large format printers.
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting work orders and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards.
- Assist in production by weeding vinyl, placing vinyl graphics on substrates, cutting, painting, laminating, and/or cleaning substrates.
- Assist with the completion of on-site and off-site sign installations.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Good with power tools and working with sharp objects
- Ability to read and understand a tape measure
- Ability to effectively multi-task while working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual preferred, not required
- Regular full-time schedule with weekends off
- Paid time off
- Performance bonuses
- Holidays off (paid)
- Casual and creative work environment
At FASTSIGNS, every day is unique and presents exciting opportunities, including new ways to use your talent and grow your skills. We have a large network of independently owned locations - both locally and internationally - who offer competitive pay and ongoing training opportunities.
Are you ready to have more? More passion….more rewards...more than a job?
Then learn more by exploring the positions offered by FASTSIGNS centers.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to FASTSIGNS Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)